Thursday, February 7, 2008

walking the walk

So, our temporary housing finally ran out. I'm not complaining. I think it was marvelous to get a furnished apartment rent free for 3 months. So we had to find a new place. My wonderful wife found us a brand new apartment. The best part? It's a five minute walk from my front door to my desk at work.

Let me repeat that. It's a five minute walk from my front door to my desk at work. Now, let me put that into perspective. If I were to drive to work, it would take me 2 minutes if you count sitting at the traffic light. Then I would have to park in the nether-reaches of our parking lot. Then I would still have to walk 5 minutes from my crappy parking spot to my desk. So, it's clearly a slam dunk for me to walk to work.

I've driven my car once since Sunday, for a short 2 mile trip to the grocery store. You gotta love it when you are putting more miles on your feet than you are on your car.

Annette is loving it too. She's two miles from her work. More importantly, there's just 4 stoplights between here and her work. Before, there were approximately 73.

Just for fun, because I'm the biggest dork in the world, I decided to illustrate. See below:

1 comment:

Dave said...

Your map misses the most important element of any and every map--where am I? Your map is clearly bereft of any 'You are here' demarcation thereby rendering it confusing and immaterial. Everything must show me how it relates to me. Me!