Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Something wrong with this picture

Have I mentioned lately that the iPhone is amazing? Well, I've had mine for 16 months or so now, and I still think it is the best phone I've ever had.

What triggers this praise? Thanks to the wonders of Stanza (links to iTunes), I just re-read The Count of Monte Cristo (one of the all-time classics that is honestly fun to read). As I was reading, I decided to look at some of the different places in Google Earth, since I am very rusty on my French geography. Actually, I have no concept of French geography other than Paris.

So I look at Marseilles, then decide to look for the Chateau d'If. I found it, and on the island it looks like there is a little something unexpected:

So why didn't Edmond Dantes simply take the jet when he left the island?

He could have saved himself a lot of swimming!

Also, Monte Cristo is a real island:

No comments: